CODE OF CONDUCT
Picfair Village Community Association Board of Directors
Collectively and individually, the members of the Board of Directors of Picfair Village Community Association agree to abide by a CODE OF CONDUCT and BEST PRACTICES to ensure that the Board business is conducted in a respectable and courteous manner, and in a way that will generate respect and credibility for the Board.
The freedom to express one’s views about public matters in a cornerstone of the democratic process. The Board welcomes the diverse views and opinions of Picfair Village Community Association Board members and stakeholders as they relate to the issues. In order for these discussions to be meaningful and effective, we must treat others with respect and dignity.
An agreement to serve on the Board or in a Committee is an agreement to follow the Code of Conduct and follow Best Practices.
- I will conduct myself in a professional and civil manner at all times as a representative of Picfair Village Community Association.
- I will treat each member of the Board and members of the public with respect at all times, regardless of an individual’s option, ethnicity, race, sexuality, age, disability, or religion.
- Even in the face of disagreement, or differences of opinion, I will demonstrate esteem and deference for my colleagues and the public.
- Under in circumstances during Association meetings, functions or events will I engage in or threaten to engage in any verbal or physical attack on any other individual.
- I will commit to communicate my ideas and points of view clearly, and allow others to do the same without interruption.
- I will not use language that is abusive, threatening, obscene, or slanderous, including using profanities, insults, or other disparaging remarks or gestures.
- Derogatory language about an individual’s ethnicity, race, sexuality, age, disability, or religion is not acceptable.
- I will take responsibility for my own actions, and will work to fulfill my role and responsibilities as outlined in the Bylaws and Best Practices.
- I will commit to learn what governs the Association, including the Bylaws and Best Practices and Roberts Rules of Order and will not knowingly violate any of the above.
- I will abide by the Association’s Bylaws and Best Practices in order to create a safe and effective environment for conducting business.
- I will promote and enforce a safe meeting environment at all times. At moments when members of the public become disruptive and violate the rules of civility that we have pledged to follow, I will join my fellow board members in demanding that the persons conduct themselves in a respectful and orderly manner even if I agree with the point of view being expressed.
- I will seek to present information truthfully, and will not knowingly misrepresent, mischaracterize or misquote information received from others.
- I pledge to truly listen to and hear other points of view.
- I will practice the art of being able to disagree without being disagreeable.
- If I find myself representing my personal interests before my community’s interests, I will publicly disclose the differences and recuse myself from voting on such matters.
- I will commit to good faith efforts to resolve any grievances that come before the Board.
- I owe it to my fellow Board members, the public, and the decision-makers who are trying to influence to make the best possible effort to understand the issues before me. I will “do my homework.”
Picfair Village Community Association Board of Directors- Code of Conduct.
People taking on the role of a Board Member will automatically be held to the Code of Conduct.