PICFAIR VILLAGE ASSOCIATION
MONTHY MEETING MINUTES
Emcee: Claudia Bayard- Acting President
Additional Board Members Attending Mtg.- Sylvester Robertson- Acting Vice-
Ezeoma Obioha- Secretary
Rosalind Valentine- Treasurer
• The meeting opened at 10:10 AM by interim president Claudia Bayard. A general announcement was made regarding the agenda.
• Stakeholders introduced themselves. Approximately 38 stakeholders were present.
• Agenda was as follows: 1. CD 10 Report Elizabeth Carlin/ 2. Security Patrol Update/ 3. Neighborhood Watch Discussion/ 4. Questions and Answers/ 5. LAPD and Community Updates/ 6. Reports and Announcements
Details of Agenda Items:
CD 10 Report Elizabeth Carlin
Elizabeth Carlin was not able to attend.
Security Patrol Report and LAPD
• Chosen security company- Citi-Guard. Sam, the representative for the company, will come to our future meetings.
• So far, 50 households in PicFair Village have agreed to the service. The patrol can range anywhere from 8 AM to 7 PM.
• PicFair’s services will be Monday thru Friday for 5 hours per day at varied times.
• Pricing was mentioned. However, it was suggested that Sam or another representative of the company, discuss pricing with our stakeholders when he comes.
• Also suggested- Signs posted throughout PicFair stating that we have a security service.
• Contacting our SLO’s (Senior Lead Officers) from Wilshire Division was mentioned again as follows: Adam Green- 213-793-0647
Charles Thomas- 213-793-0786
Neighborhood Watch Discussion
• Block Captains- more stakeholders signed-up to become block captains. Sylvester is collecting the names. It was suggested that a block captain meeting be held at Council 10 office at 5651 Pico Blvd in the near future. Callie Bloem and Olivia Vegh have agreed to coordinate the Block Captains.
Community Updates, Relations and Dialogue- Claudia
• Illegal Marijuana Locations. Out of the 14 dispensaries from La Brea to Fairfax, 3 are legal, 3 were closed down and 8 were notified by the City Attorney’s office.
• PICO Neighborhood Council Next Meeting- august 13th – Place: Tom Bradley Center 5213 W. Pico Blvd. at 7PM.
• Jerry’s Gardens to be moved across from the restaurant “Twin Dragon” on the other side of La Cienega.
• Every 3rd Thursday, food trucks from the restaurants on Pico Blvd. will open to encourage more business.
• “Great Streets” campaign from Los Angeles has designated $800,000.00 for 10 great streets to be remodeled and improve business. Pico Blvd was chosen. Lit cross-walks and art were discussed.
• “Fracking”, which is oil and gas drilling underground, was discussed. Meeting concerning fracking will be held at Tom Bradley Center, located on Cochran and Pico Blvd, on Wednesday August 13, 2014 at 7:00 PM.
• Bike Lanes- Pico Blvd and Venice Blvd are under discussion for bike lanes.
• New Fiscal Budget from the mayor’s office was shared. For information, go to the City of Los Angeles website.
• Movies in the Park- sponsored by Councilman Herb Wesson. The next one is on Friday Aug 22, 2014 at Queen Anne’s Park on 1240 West Blvd. For further information, please see his website at www.herbwesson.com or call his field office at 323-733-8233. The office is available Monday thru Friday from 9:00 AM to
• “Senior Day”. It was also suggested that we have a “Senior Day”. Details to be further discussed. For any information and help for seniors, it was suggested that we call “211” or call the Claude Pepper Senior Center at 310-559-9677.
• Communication- It was suggested that we use door hangers or flyers to promote our monthly meetings. Flyers could be paid for by the association funds.
• Vons update- There was none. We will continue trying to get current manager to attend our future meetings.
Treasury Report- Rosalind
• Balance in the account was read.
• More PicFair Meeting Signs needed.
• Fundraising was mentioned. Possibly another block party or get-to-know you gathering
Next PicFair Village Association Meeting
• Saturday September 13, 2014 at 10:00 AM at the SGI Los Angeles Friendship Center. Address: 5899 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90019. Room 202
• Meeting adjourned at 12:00 PM
We love that new businesses have come into our area. That’s quite a compliment if you think about it. People want their business to succeed and of all the places in Los Angeles to plant their seed, they’re choosing our little corner of the world. Pretty fantastic! Let’s all help celebrate MY TWO CENTS’ one year anniversary July 6th.
We can all agree that Pico Blvd is getting better and better, and now even the Mayor has identified the stretch of Pico that borders Picfair Village as part of his “15 Great Streets” initiative. Read more about it in this article from the Los Angeles Times.
Want to see Fireworks in Los Angeles County? Check out www.safejuly4th.org
To Print click PVCA Meeting Minutes – June 2014